Monday, February 18, 2013

Big Sis

Hello!  Happy Monday!
I have here my layout for Lets Get Sketchy's Feb week 3.  Here is the sketch for this weeks challenge...



and here is my take on it...


This is my daughter showing off her baby brother.  Mind you this photo was taken almost 20 years ago!  But I remember this moment like it was yesterday.  She was so excited and so proud about being a big sister!

For this layout I used Woodland Park by October Afternoon.  The honeycomb pieces are chipboard.  I first inked the outer edges and then cover them with the pattern paper.  The banner is made from the pennant tool punch by Epiphany Crafts topped with opaline pearls by Basic Grey.  For the finishing touches, I added a cluster of white flowers topped with diamond Stickles for the sparkle effect.  The centers are buttons made from the small button tool punch by Epiphany Crafts. I just love those epoxy punches!  I then gave my red cardstock some mist splatters, adding more opaline pearls. 

Go check out Lets Get Sketchy now and join in!  Its just full of inspiration and ideas!  
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day!
Tracy xo

5 comments:

  1. Very sweet layout! Love that you added your title right on the photo. Looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! What a precious photo! Wonderful job with the sketch and your layout Tracy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the splatters and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute! Such a precious layout. Love the beautiful photo and all the details... :)

    ReplyDelete