Monday, March 18, 2013

Oh Deer

Hello srappy friends!  Happy Monday to you!

I have here my layout for this weeks sketch #257 at Nuts About Sketches.  It's a 2-page layout but I chose to completed the right side only.  They post a new sketch every Monday so make your way over and join in.  Also check out the added inspiration from our talented design team!

Now on to the sketch ...




and here is my take...



This was such a beatiful sight when we caught this deer off guard.  She was eating and sunning herself on this hot July day and just watched us pass by as we were boating the Grass River in northern Michigan.  I love seeing this sort of thing.  Its just so peaceful.

For this layout I used Burlap/Dictionary by Simple Stories for my background paper.  I cut out various sized circles from Yearbook by Studio Calico and on the flipside was the yellow chevron print for my rectangle piece.



I used an x-large foam tree stamp by Donna Downey, brushing it with black metallic paint and stamping it directly onto my patterned paper and photo.  I then outlined it with black stickles.




I inked the edges of my circles and also added black lines with the colord lines to add more black into the layout.  I then placed decorative wooden buttons as an added accent.




To top it off, I placed wooden banners onto the dead space of my picture, adding some natural twine to fancy them up.


Again, go check out Nuts About Sketches and join in if you can.  Thanks so much for stopping by! 
Tracy xo

No comments:

Post a Comment