Monday, April 15, 2013

Winter Fest 2013

Hello!  Hello!
Its Monday, so that means its time for a new sketch at Lets Get Sketchy!  If you like circles, this is the sketch for you!  I seem to struggle with circles so this wasnt one of my favorites to work with but it gets me out of my box, right?

Here is this weeks sketch...


and here is my take on it...




We have an annual Winterfest in our home town and I'm always in awe with the ice sculptures that fill our sidewalks for weeks.  My favorites this year were the cocktail and the diamond ring.  They are so cool to look at.  I make sure to view them every year!

With this layout I used Hot Chocolate by Fancy Pants.  With the craft background paper I spritzed it with a white mist in some areas, followed by a few drops of brown mist for added color.  For the circle I cut out the border edge of a white doilie with my exacto knive and spritzed it with brown mist.  Adding buttons and stickle dots as embellishments.




My glittery chipboard flowers were in my scrappy stash.  Even though they are flowers, I felt they fit this wintery layout and I was able to use up some of my stash!




My letters were a brown shade but I covered them with Distress stickles in Vintage Photo to make them a deeper brown and to add a glitter effect as well.  I just love stickles and I think I own every color!  Such a fun and easy way to add sparkle to your layouts!




When you get a chance, check out Lets Get Sketchy and join in if you can.  I'd love to see what you can do with circles.  I sure need the inspration for them!

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!
Tracy xo


3 comments:

  1. Love this Tracy! The product choices are perfect and I love the title work! Those photos are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the sketch Tracy - love the blue/brown color combo too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did with the sketch Tracy. I struggled with the circles too but I love what you did. And those flowers are perfect for this! They look like little ice crystals!

    ReplyDelete