Sunday, December 29, 2013

Games they play

Hello scrappy friends!  December is coming to an end and the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over.  I have to say I'm glad and I feel more relaxed now.  I've been enjoying the "after Christmas sales" too.  It's the best time to stock up for next Christmas actually!

Ok, time to move on.  Today I have for you my DT layout for Scrap & Music.  The song- Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.


These are my babies back in 1998, caught in the act while playing house with our beloved cat, Giddy, being their baby.  Giddy was such a good sport, always letting the kids do with him what they wanted.  He was not your average cat, he fully enjoyed being the center of attention. Unfortunately we lost him this past March.  He lived a good life and we are happy to have spent 16 yrs with him!

For this layout I used Note To Self  by Echo Park.  I felt that I've had it hoarded for long enough!  With this sketch comes a lot of layering and since I struggle with this technique, it was good for me.  I need to venture out of my box once in awhile.

Here are a few close ups for more detail






and here is the sketch to follow


Now it's your turn!  Just create a layout using the sketch above and a lyric within the song as the title and be sure to link up by January 11, 2014 for your chance to become our next guest designer!  Stop by Scrap & Music for more inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping to you.
Tracy xo

2 comments:

  1. Super cute layout girl! And that picture is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an incredible page! I love it! So many fantastic details!

    ReplyDelete