Sunday, March 23, 2014

When The Morning light Sings

Good morning and happy Sunday to you!  How was your weekend?  Mine was a chilly one but productive so I'm feeling good about starting off my week in a positive mindset.

I have a layout to share with you today, for Scrap & Music.  My DT term will come to an end at the end of this month so this will be my last layout shared as part of their team.  Many thanks to Ana Castro for an awesome ride!  I fully enjoyed it!

For this challenge the chosen song is Better Together by Jack Johnson.  When I heard the lyrics "when the morning light sings" I instantly thought of this sunrise picture!  It was perfect and I couldn't wait to get started.


This is an awesome shot of the morning sunrise at Elk lake, located in Northern Michigan. It's so beautiful that it gives me the chills!  Of course a picture never gives the actual moment enough justice but close enough, right?

For this layout I used a mish mosh of items for my embellishments - misc layered flowers, a mixture of packaged lettering, a small shipping tag, black arrow washi tape and my most favorite... wooden accents!  I added a few gold gems too, and that about sums it up!  As for the papers, the collection is called Songbird by Prima.  The background paper is craft with a strip of vellum to the right.  Here are a few close ups ...






When scrapping to music there are so many possibilities so I do hope that you'll give it a try and join in with us!  Along with the song is a sketch to follow as well


It's a fun one!  For full details on how to play along and for some inspiration jump on over  to Scrap & Music now.

Thanks for much for stopping by and happy scrapping to you!
Tracy xo

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love your paper choices (such pretty colors) and beautiful photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so pretty Tracy! I love how the beautiful photo stands out against the softly colored papers! :)

    ReplyDelete